Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happy Chinese New Year!

Chinese New Year started Jan.26th and lasts for 15 days. You know you want some takeout. The weather was crazy the night of the 26th. I was walking my mom's dogs that night (which I do evey night after work) so I got to be out in the cold. I wear contacts, and at first I thought something had gotten in my eye because I kept seeing these sparkly specks everywhere. After a few minutes I realized it was just some sort of weird precipitation. Anybody know the name? It was gorgeous, like glitter falling from the sky. Happy Chinese New Year,
Sugo

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I took forever to get back to you gwennieh. I would say sorry in Chinese, if only I could. My vocab is mostly limited to words taught to me by Sagwa, the Chinese Siamese cat. Anyway, Xie xie for your comments. (Even xie xie I had to look up on line. I've said it maybe a hundred times, but never spelled the word before.) Interestingly enough (at least interesting to me) the x sound is pronounced as sh in Chinese and Nahuatl, the Aztec language.
    Sugo

    ReplyDelete